1.I was given three books on cooking,the first I really enjoyed
2. I’ m sure you’ d rather she went to school by bus,____?
A.hadn ’ t you
B.wouldn’ t you
D.didn’ t she
3. You’ve already been geen a 20% raise so why ____ “You never ask my opinion aboul anything”
C.are you complaining
D.are you criticizing
4. To learn French well,____.
A.one needs much practice
B.much practice needed by one
C.much practice is needed
D.one need much praciice
5. “Why were you so late for work today?” “____to the office was so slow this morning because of the traffic jam.
D.That I drove
6. The manager wore a____look after rrading the letter
7. My dad has got___late because he is very busy with his work.
A.Used in sleeping
B.Used to sleeping
C.used to sleep
8. There is a____tiger in the lobby.
A.big white woolen
B.woolen big white
C.big woolen white
D.white woolen big
9. Having accomplished this novel, Earnest Hemingway feit a great weight____ off his mind,
D.to be taken
10. Sian’s display of ill temper completely____ my daughter’s birthday party.
11. The lecture on DNA repair technology was all right__ but it went on too long
12. I can ______ you of the reliability of the information
13. NBA star.Houston Rocket’s center YaoMing will lead the____ Chinese national team at this summer’s Athen Olympics
14. No one has yet succeeded in explaining the____of how life began.
15. I bite my nails. I must break____.
A.the habit to me
B.the habit with myself
C.myself of the habit
D.of the habit myself
1.George and Margaret and their children 21 at 140 Davis Street 22 he street from a small park. Their house is just off the main road. George usually goes to work by bus, but sometimeshe goes( 23 ) his car. The children usually go to school by bus. The Glenn' house is 24 hidden among the trees.It has small bushes(灌木) Plantedaround it. There is a fence 25 it and the house next door. It is a two-storey house, 26 theliving room, dining room and kitchen(厨房)on the first floor, and the bedrooms and bathroom onthe second floor. The Glenns spend a lot of time at home. 27 now they are at dinner. Conversation(谈话) at the Glenns' house is usually lively at mealtime.The children are discussing trips they would like totake. Susan, who has never 28 on a plane,says , " I' d like to 29 a plane to California. " Henry,who is elder, thinks it would be fun to be on a 30 ,heading for adventure(冒险) in Africa. Teddy, the youngest child,says, "I want to go around the world on a train." His elder brother and sister are still trying to 31 to him why this is no tpossible32 . their mother says," Children, you' ve spent too much time at the table Herry and Sussa go and 33 your homework. Teddy, it' s time you were in bed. "Soon there is silence throughout the 34 Teddy is in bed, Susan and Henry are in their livingrooms studying,and Mr. and Mrs. Glenns are in their living room, 35 George is sitting in hisfavorite(最喜欢的) chair,reading the paper and Margaret is sitting on the sofa,doing some sewing.